Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 3

Here is the map of the trip that we took today (roughly). Jim (WrongTurn) and Mark (CheapB) decided to not go on the group ride. They were looking for roads to ride. I asked about going with them to see where my abilities are. You know I ride straights and don't get many opportunities to ride good twisty roads. Looking for twisties and boy did we find them. Good curves in many roads and several that felt like a roller coaster. Up and down.

Asked to find a good spot to park and get at least one set of pictures. Ask and yea shall receive.

View just south of Sparta, Missouri. Here are Jim and Mark (come on and take the stupid picture).




More from south of Sparta.


We talked to a farmer at that spot and he told us of roads to take and we eventually found this. The road ends in a lake and you take a ferry across. At one point on this road we did find some really nice banked roads. Both Mark and Jim left me behind but did find out Mark even left Jim behind. As Mark said "I just got in a zone, looked behind and "Where is everyone"". A short video of our ferry ride is at the bottom.






Here is the trusty guides. "Now which road do we want to take now???"


We ended up back in Eureka Springs after a nice long day of twisties. Asked both Mark and Jim how long they had to wait for me. The response was just a minute. At one point Jim stated "Well, I haven't had time to light my cigarette yet!". I think they were being really nice. But I think - Know that we all enjoyed the day.






Here is everyone getting ready to go to the Burger Barn. I didn't go on this ride but went on another ride.




Stewey and JameyT. Stewey must be helping Jamey with directions.





Joe and Flamekiller enjoying the conversation.




Flip, WrongTurn, and Shelby enjoying also.




Stewey, Zmean1 and Sherm. I think that Stewey is giving me the evil eye with the flash at this point. Zmean1 later on put down a challenge. Everyone was getting tired and ready to head for bed. She claimed we were wimps (nicer than what she said). Sooooo, we made sure she didn't get to bed to early in the morning.


Well, maybe Jim isn't enjoying the conversation. Or it was he was way passed his bed time.



Short video of our ferry ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment